However, after testing and calculation, it was found that the capillary effect produced by the size of the big tree transportation pipeline could not send water to places tens of meters high at all.
但是他遗憾地发现,几乎没有一本英文书能充分解释汉字的字源。
Listen
However, he regretted to find that almost no English book can fully explain the etymology of Chinese characters.
现在这样的局面,我也不知道怎么办了。
Listen
In this situation, I don't know what to do.
你看,现在已经不刮风了,也许明天不会下雨。
Listen
You see, it's not windy now, perhaps it won't rain tomorrow.
在面试的时候千万不能害羞,应该努力表现出自己的优点。
Listen
Don't be shy during the interview, you should try your best to show your strengths.
这个健身计划不适合他,所以事倍功半,尽管他努力地锻炼身体,但是现在没有什么效果。
Listen
This fitness program is not suitable for him, so it gets twice the effort with half the result. Although he works hard to exercise, it has no effect now.
我现在会用汉语打电话了。
Listen
I can make phone calls in Chinese now.
你现在能打电话吗?
Listen
Can you make a phone call now?
他忽然发现远处蹲着一只大老虎。
Listen
He suddenly found a big tiger crouching in the distance.
给大卫上过课的老师们普遍反映他的表现很好,只是偶尔会迟到。
Listen
The teachers who taught David generally reported that he performed well, but occasionally he was late.
大山现在在国外。
Listen
Dashan is abroad now.
大象现在毫无抵抗能力,只要我在它身体的重要部位咬几个洞,它就没命了。
Listen
The elephant has no resistance now. As long as I bite a few holes in important parts of its body, it will die.
绳子终于被咬断了,巨网出现了一个大缺口。
Listen
The rope was finally bitten, and a big gap appeared in the giant net.
大家现在可以回家了。
Listen
Everyone can go home now.
你现在适应中国的生活了吗?
Listen
Have you adapted to life in China now?
一连三天,他们都很顺利地实现了原定的计划。
Listen
For three days in a row, they all realized their original plan smoothly.
高峰之后,终点出现得越迅速,这件事留给我们的印象就越深刻。
Listen
After the peak, the faster the end point appears, the more impressive it will leave us.
他真可怜,已经努力了很多年,但还是没实现他的理想。
Listen
It's really sad for him. He has worked hard for many years, but he still hasn't realised his dreams.
他的父母因为生病都没了工作,他家现在的生活很困难。
Listen
His parents have lost their jobs because of illness, and his family's life is very difficult now.
奶奶说,现在的生活比以前的生活好多了。
Listen
Grandma said that life is much better now than before.
我很喜欢新来的美术老师,现在美术课是我最喜欢的课了。
Listen
I like the new art teacher very much. Now art class is my favorite class.
一个偶然的机会,他发现如果了解汉字的来源和演变过程,再学习它就变得轻松、容易。
Listen
By chance, he found that if he understood the origin and evolution of Chinese characters, it would be easy to learn them .
近年来,市场上出现了一种新的电子产品,名为“光闹钟”。
Listen
In recent years, a new electronic product named "Light Alarm Clock" has appeared in the market.
我们应该以那些敢说真话的人为镜子,这样才能及时发现自己的缺点。
Listen
We should take those who dare to tell the truth as mirrors, so as to find our shortcomings in time.
他现在已经是一个非常著名的歌手了。
Listen
He is a very famous singer now.
给他上过课的老师们普遍反映他的表现很好,只是偶尔会迟到。
Listen
Teachers who gave him lessons generally reported that he performed well, only occasionally being late.
你能给我倒点儿水吗?我现在有点儿渴。
Listen
Can you pour me some water? I'm a little thirsty now.
现在五点。
Listen
It is 5 O'clock now.
现在是六点差十分。
Listen
It's ten to six.
电脑现在能上网了吗?
Listen
Can the computer surf the Internet now?
对不起,我赶着开会,现在没时间跟你聊天。
Listen
Sorry, I'm in a hurry for a meeting. I don't have time to chat with you now.
我发现在难得的寂静中工作是那么美好。
Listen
I find it wonderful to work in rare silence.
王先生这几天没有出现。
Listen
Mr. Wang hasn't appeared these days.
他轻轻地推开了门,发现房间里没有人。
Listen
He gently pushed open the door and found no one in the room.
你喜欢听现代音乐吗?
Listen
Do you like listening to modern music?
你现在在上什么课?
Listen
What class are you taking now?
我现在去学校。
Listen
I'm going to school now.
一些新职业的出现,需要新型人才的加入。
Listen
The emergence of some new occupations requires the addition of new talents.